LEND YOUR VOICE!
ADVANCING THE COMMON GOOD:
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR A BETTER LIFE FOR ALL
Everyone deserves opportunities to lead a prosperous life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. Lancaster County wins when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are making healthy choices.
Living United means being a part of the change. Your action, no matter how small, helps. Whether you’re interested in guaranteeing preschoolers make a successful transition to kindergarten or ensuring individuals have access to programs and tools that help them save their hard-earned dollars, you can be an important part of United Way’s mission to mobilize the caring power of our community.
We are currently recruiting advocates to partner with us on these initiatives:
How you can help with advocacy:
- Sign a petition to support state or federal legislation
- Spread awareness about legislative action on social media
- Write a letter to the editor in Lancaster Newspapers
- Attend a meeting with a legislator in Lancaster or Harrisburg, PA
- Volunteer to help with kids’ activities at a kindergarten transition event