United Way 2-1-1 answers the call - 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. It is an easy to remember phone number that quickly connects people with resources in their community. When you call 2-1-1, trained information and referral specialists answer your questions and connect you to the many health, human service, community and cultural resources that can help.
ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA 2-1-1 EAST
One of United Way of Lancaster County's signature programs, Pennsylvania 2-1-1 East (formerly known as LINC), has 43 years of experience providing information and referrals for a broad range of services including:
- Supplemental food and nutrition programs
- Shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- Emergency information and disaster relief
- Employment and education opportunities
- Services for veterans
- Health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- Addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Reentry help for ex-offenders
- Support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- A safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
In 2011, PA 2-1-1 East was awarded a contract by the Pennsylvania 2-1-1 Collaborative to become the Call Center for five counties in eastern Pennsylvania due to the center's record of professional service in Lancaster County.
In 2017, PA 2-1-1 East expanded its services to seven counties. Currently, information and referral specialists assist the residents of Berks, Carbon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Northampton, and Schuylkill Counties.
For more information on PA 2-1-1 East visit: PA211East.org
CONNECT WITH 2-1-1
Phone: Dial 2-1-1 or (855) 567-5341
Online: Click here to search for resources in Lancaster County
Email: Click here to send an email
Text: Text your ZIP CODE to 898211
SUPPORT PENNSYLVANIA 2-1-1 EAST
In Lancaster County, Pennsylvania 2-1-1 East connected 33,435 individuals and families with a network of more than 1,300 resources like food, shelter, and utility assistance in 2015.
The top requests are: VITA/Tax preparation assistance, community/transitional shelters, home rental listings, and electric payment assistance.
With your support, PA 2-1-1 East will be able to take more calls and help more people.