United Way of Lancaster County 2019-2020 Prize Giveaway Rules & Regulations
1. The prize giveaway is being conducted by United Way of Lancaster County (UWLC). For more information you may contact United Way of Lancaster County at 1910 Harrington Dr., Suite A, Lancaster, PA 17601 or via telephone at 717-394-0731
2. Employees, members of the Board of Directors of United Way of Lancaster County, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
3. The odds of winning the prizes will be determined by the number of entries. Prizes include:
a) $10,000 cash prize, valued at $10,000, will be presented to one (1) winner. Prize has been generously donated by Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
b) A Visa® gift card, valued at $2,500, will be presented to one (1) winner. Prize has been generously donated by Fulton Bank.
c) A Year-Long Go ‘N Bananas Family Fun Center Package, valued at $2,500, will be presented to one (1) winner. Prize has been generously donated by Go ‘N Bananas. Winner will receive six (6) Nano passes a month for twelve (12) months plus a $350 Go ‘N Bananas gift card.
d) A Voyager gas card, valued at $2,500, will be presented to one (1) winner. Prize has been generously donated by Rhoads Energy Corporation.
e) Four (4) season tickets for Lancaster Barnstormers baseball, valued at $2,400. Prize has been generously donated by Lancaster Barnstormers.
f) A AAA travel certificate, valued at $1,500, will be presented to one (1) winner. Prize has been generously donated by AAA Central Penn. The winner of the travel certificate should contact AAA Central Penn to arrange an appointment to confirm your travel plans. Please request reservations as soon as possible to allow for sufficient planning time. Reservations are subject to availability and blackout dates during peak travel times and holidays. This award is not transferable, has no cash value, and travel must be taken between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
g) Painter for a day, valued at approximately $800, will be presented to two (2) winners. Prize has been generously donated by Joel’s Painting. Joel’s Painting “Painter for a Day” includes one (1) qualified paint technician for an eight (8) hour day. Project must consist of basic painting and cut and roll. Winners must purchase materials.
Additional prize details are at the discretion of the sponsors.
No campaign contributions were used to purchase the prizes.
4. An eligible person 18 years of age or older who: (i) from July 1, 2019 until May 31, 2020, makes a pledge of $100-$199 shall automatically receive one (1) entry or (ii) from July 1, 2019 until May 31, 2020, makes a pledge of $200-$299 shall automatically receive two (2) entries or (iii) from July 1, 2019 until May 31, 2020, makes a pledge of $300 or more shall automatically receive three (3) entries. Neither making a pledge nor completing an entry will guarantee that an individual will win a prize. Each donor’s United Way pledge form, available in the workplace or via online submission, must be received by United Way of Lancaster County, 1910 Harrington Dr., Suite A, Lancaster, PA 17601 by 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2020 to be automatically entered. Cumulative pledges will not be counted; if multiple pledges are received by the same individual, United Way will only include the first qualifying pledge received as an entry in the prize giveaway. To constitute a qualified entry, all donor information (including name, address, email address, and phone number) must be completed and received by the entry deadline of 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2020; if a donor submits a pledge through his or her workplace and such workplace uses a third party to submit entries on behalf of its employees, such third party must include each individual donor’s information (including contact information) with respect to the applicable pledge in order for such pledge to be complete and deemed a qualified entry.
5. NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY. If you wish to enter without making a contribution, visit uwlanc.org/GiveBackWinBig/entryform. Up to three entries without a qualifying donation can be made by fully completing original entry form(s) which can be downloaded, printed, and mailed to United Way of Lancaster County, Attn: Campaign Prize Giveaway, 1910 Harrington Dr., Suite A, Lancaster, PA 17601. A contribution will not improve one’s chances of receiving a prize. All entry forms must be received by 11:59 p.m. May 31, 2020 to be eligible for the drawing.
6. United Way of Lancaster County is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries.
7. The prize giveaway is open only to legal residents of Pennsylvania. Following the drawing and verification of eligibility, the winners will be notified and a public announcement will be made. Eligible individuals need not be present to win.
8. The random electronic drawing will take place on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 8:30am at United Way of Lancaster County, 1910 Harrington Dr., Suite A, Lancaster, PA 17601.
b. United Way of Lancaster County will make every attempt to notify winners immediately following the drawing. If a winner has not responded within 30 days of the drawing, United Way of Lancaster County reserves the right to select another winner for that prize.
9. Proper identification will be required upon presentation of the prize. A list of winners may be obtained by visiting www.uwlanc.org/GiveBackWinBig. No individual participant may win more than one (1) prize. UWLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate this prize giveaway in the event of any act, or occurrence, or other reason that UWLC believes in its sole judgment that the integrity, administration, or fairness of the prize giveaway is jeopardized.
10. The winners, by accepting a prize, agree that United Way of Lancaster County and prize sponsors may use their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes (in all media including but not limited to, radio, television, website, and print) without further notice or compensation.
11. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. The winners are solely responsible for all applicable taxes and fees relating to this transaction including, but not limited to, excise, federal, state, and local income taxes. No prizes are transferable or redeemable for cash unless specifically defined.
12. The winners will be required to sign a release and a hold harmless agreement in favor of the sponsors, United Way of Lancaster County, and its respective agents and employees.
13. Participation in this drawing may affect the tax deductibility of your gift. You should consult your tax adviser for more detailed information.
The official registration and financial information of United Way of Lancaster County may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, at 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.