Mini-grants are available for youth summer programming through a Rotary Club of Lancaster and United Way of Lancaster County partnership. Potential 501(c)3 applicants must have programs that offer opportunities for youth to learn and enhance leadership, social and academic skills through one or more of the following:
Increased Awareness of Civic Responsibility (increased awareness of community needs, increased participation in volunteer opportunities)
Youth Engage in Positive Adult Relationships (role models, mentors, tutors)
Youth Skill Enrichment (increased academic skills, increased appreciation of arts/music, increased awareness of earth-friendly environmental practices)
Applications are reviewed and rated by a volunteer committee of Rotary members. Historically, awards have been in the range of $500 - $3,000.
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, March 26.
Applications by 501(c)3 organizations are due by 5:00pm on Thursday, April 26. Begin the application process by using our e-CImpact site.
Learn more about outcome measurement for this grant opportunity.
For 2017, the following 10 programs were award funding:
- Lancaster Country Day School - Horizons
- San Juan Bautista Catholic Church - Summer Camp
- Community Action Partnership (CAP) - Child Care
- Crispus Attucks Community Center - #DISCOVERY, "Science at its Best Summer" Camp
- Boys & Girls Club of Lancaster - Summer Camp
- Lancaster Science Center - Youth Access Summer Camp Program
- Faith Tabernacle - Academic Summer Camp
- Shalom Partnership - Summer Enrichment Camps
- Columbia Presbyterian Church - Hands Across the Street
- Music For Everyone - Camp MFE