To advance the education, economic mobility, and health of our community by mobilizing resources, people, and organizations.
An equitable Lancaster County where every individual has an opportunity to succeed, and the entire community thrives as a result.
- Collaboration – We will work together with others toward a common goal.
- Compassion – We will treat everyone with decency and empathy.
- Empowerment – We will use our collective knowledge, skill, confidence and authority to be an agent for change.
- Innovation – We will take action to create ideas and execute them.
- Integrity – We will honor our commitments and own our actions.
- Respect – We will appreciate diverse perspectives; treat all ideas as valuable; have honest, open dialogue; and provide opportunities for all to give input.
We're the Big Picture Change Makers
We set the stage for progress by connecting innovative people with new and existing opportunities to create, fund, advocate, and volunteer to help remove barriers for people by increasing nonprofit organizations' capacity to do good work and helping businesses more actively participate in this work so more people can live healthier, happier lives.
From the creation of the Lancaster County Coalition to End Homelessness years ago to implementing the collective impact model at scale to bring about countywide change in how social services are offered, United Way has always been on the forefront of developing new and better ways to serve the people of Lancaster County by creating numerous partnerships, coalitions, and other initiatives and by continuing to financially support those with proven track record of success.
We also know that a good idea can come from anywhere, and we're recommitted to listening to residents, community leaders, and business leaders as we continue into our next 100 years of improving the education, financial stability, and health of every person in every community.